Volume 4, Issue 8 (4-2001)                   jha 2001, 4(8): 59-80 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Parvizrad P. Infection Controlling System at Teaching Hospitals Affiliated with Shiraz University of Medical Sciences . jha 2001; 4 (8) :59-80
URL: http://jha.iums.ac.ir/article-1-792-en.html
Abstract:   (10171 Views)

Objective: To study hospital infection control system (organization and operations) at hospitals affiliated with Shiraz University of Medical Sciences and to provide guidlines.

Methods: The study was descriptive - analytical and cross-sectional in nature. Hospital managers, nurses, control committee staff of the Central Infection Control Commission of Fars province comprised the subjects of the study. Data was collected by questionnaires, interviews, and observations.

Finding(s): A low percentage of nurses (15.38%) were in charge of infection control and the rest (84.62%) were involved with other activities. Nurses scored the highest (61.53) in terms of their roles in infection control, and hospital managers ranked the second (53.84).

 Conclusion(s): Considering the crucial role hospital infection control plays, necessary workforce, including enviornment health experts and epidemiologists should be employed.

Full-Text [PDF 877 kb]   (1757 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research |
Received: 2011/05/31 | Published: 2001/04/15

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2024 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Journal of Health Administration

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb